Pages

Tuesday 20 June 2017

Speech Board!

Every year we do Speech board - this is when you give a speech, poem and a book extract. I have done my speech on the Symphyla which is a bug that eats plants before they are ripe. We get assessed on these three subjects to see where we are with Oral Language. We are graded with Distinction, Highly Commended, Commended, Pass and Fail. Mrs Dalziel was  our assessor who was grading us.

After weeks and weeks of practice it was finally the day. I was really nervous but being second last is the second worst group to be in. And on top of that I was last to do my speech! (so that was even worse.) But on the upside I was first to do my poem (Yay) I thought I rocked it! Then it was the book extract. Carey was up first. Reading ‘Pony Pals too many ponies’’. Then Blake who was reading ‘The Boy in the Dress’ by David Walliams. Then it was me, (dun dun dun!) I was reading Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan. I was especially nervous because I changed my page two days ago! But it was definitely hard.


The results came in at 3:00 pm which was when we got home and there were a lot of distinctions and then I heard my name being called… Cormac, Distinction!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Cormac,

    I think you did a great blog post.
    Did you enjoy doing it ?
    Also I think you got the key info for the speech board.

    Kind regards Ian.

    Canterbury
    Yaldhurst Model School.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.